Friday, May 11, 2012

What nutritional supplements are best?

Hey guys, so as you can tell, I mostly post stuff on here related to actual statistical based trials, but I would like to make the posts a little varied, and this will be one of those.  When it comes to IBD, there are a whole ton of different theories on what nutritional supplements work best from coconut, macaroons, Aloe Vera gel. So, as a UC patient myself, I would like to give you all my two cents on what works and what does not. I have tried them all at one time or another.  In the future, I will post more statistical related articles for this topic, but not right now.  Common word of mouth also means something!  :)  

Here are the candidates:

1. Coconut
2.  Macaroons
3. Aloe Vera Juice
4. organic based yogurt
5. calcium tablets
6. Iron pills.

Of these 6 commonly used nutritional supplements, the one I personally have had the most success with is Aloe Vera Juice.  Many people don't like the taste of it, but I just love it every morning!  It just goes through your body so naturally, and the herby feeling you get is just great!

The fact of that matter is that for every IBD patient, the optimal nutritional supplement can be different.  I've seen many people swear by macaroons. Tried it, but never really worked.  I love my Aloe Vera and will take it every day - even if my UC goes away completely!  Hope other IBD patients have as much luck with it as I do!    

No comments:

Post a Comment